Nutella Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine whole milk, heavy whipping cream, and 1/2 cup sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved (5 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar with the whisk attachment until thick and pale yellow (4 minutes).
- Pour half of the heavy cream mixture and slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking continuously. Add the mixture back into the saucepan. Heat over medium low for 10 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. Stir in the Nutella and vanilla extract. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and chill overnight in the fridge. Freeze according to the ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions and place in an airtight container to further freeze until ready to serve